Monday, December 31, 2012

Working on my edible garden and more

Still a slow process. I've managed to cut out some overeating, but not all. I'm drinking two drinks a day. Three of our children are at two as well. Two are at one a day as is their father. He'd like two, but I'm gone in the mornings when he gets up, so I am only able to prepare him one a day.

Yesterday and today I worked on my edible garden.

                                    This is a yellow cherry tomato. Also planted around it are onions.
                    This is an orange-yellow cherry tomato. Onions are also planted around this one.
These are chives. We've planted garlic chives as well. The basil seeds have disappeared, so I guess, it's back to the hardware store for more. This will be our herb garden. (this reminds me of an epitaph I wrote)

Here lies Herb Spice

Took a chance and rolled the dice

Thought he was the spice of life

Until discovered by his wife

Ha Ha Ha. Anyway, the openings of the blocks have bush beans and marigolds. The marigolds provide natural bug protection. We plan to add more beds and plant leaf lettuce, spinach and maybe squash and potatoes. Already have papaya, banana and avacado. Lost our orange and grapefruit trees to the government when they were taking our backyard trees. We have an apple tree, but it doesn't really produce. They really need the cold of winter and although I'll complain about our winters, they're really not cold enough for an apple tree.

Here's to healthier eating habits, losing weight and living a healthier, longer life.

No comments:

Post a Comment