Friday, March 8, 2013

Week ten

Yes, I can count. Missed last week for a couple of reasons. One--I received a call on Thursday that a 65-gallon reef tank was available. All I had to do was take it down. I made arrangements to pick it up Friday as I had to tutor Thursday and there wasn't enough time to take it down and put it back up. I did go over to the house and help pack and remove donations for a couple of hours. Friday I spent most of the day working on removal of donations, finally attacking the tank about 9 pm. We arrived home shortly before midnight and were in bed about 1:30 am. We set up the tank, added water and the live rock. It took a couple of days for the tank to clear so I could arrange the live rock and add the sand. That was the end of my abilities. Ended up hiring a maintenance guy to clear up the disastrous results of the dirty sand. The fish and live corals were added Wednesday evening. The tank is now beautiful. I'll add a link to Inspector Meiko Luv's blog when it's ready. Two--We woke up early Saturday morning to leave for Naples, Florida. We'd planned a weekend with friends. My husband insisted, "No work." So, I left the computer home.

We left early Saturday morning to travel to Naples with a couple we enjoy spending time and travels with. We visited the Flight 592 Memorial, Clyde Butcher's Gallery, The Pier in Naples and Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. I didn't bring my Nutribullet as I'm not yet sure of how to travel with it. I'm really pleased to say I only put on half a pound over the weekend. We brought sandwich stuff, I used a flour tortilla for my sandwich of thinly sliced ham and roast beef and ate mixed fruits. Dinner was ribs. Sunday we ate the continental breakfast--oatmeal, boiled egg, bagel and yogurt. Dinner was Five Guys Burgers.

I used a lot of greens from the garden in my drinks. Namely the spinach and leaf lettuce. I love fresh green beans and eat a large handful each day, uncooked, straight from the bush. The tomatoes are not yet ready.

One thing that has been on my mind is rut. I make great efforts to ensure I don't end up in a rut with my blasts. I keep a staple of spinach, lettuce, apples, pears, grapes, oranges and bananas. I add mangoes, blueberries, strawberries (I only add three and you sure can taste them), avocados, cantelope, papaya and raspberries as desired. I thought about peaches today, but decided I had a pretty good variety for now. Will add them next week.

Weigh-in--Beginning weight 188 pounds. Week nine--167.4. This week--167. A total loss of  21 pounds in 10 weeks. You may think I'm discouraged with only .4 loss in weight. But I'm not. If you remember, I put on a half a pound over the weekend. So I lost almost a pound. Any loss is going in the right direction and I know I need to exercise to make it stick.

Benefits moment:

Nectarines--Floral and juicy nectarines are loaded with antioxidants, which prevent free radicals in th environment from entering your body, prolonging the aging process and helping to maintain glowing skin and a healthy body weight.

Look for bruise-free nectarines with an even, deep red hue. The best fruits give off a sweet aroma and yield under light pressure. Their season lasts from late spring to early fall.
(copied from the Nutribullet pocket nutritionist)

What's for Sunday dinner? Gnocci Soup.

Happy healthy eating, thinking about exercising (do you think it'll work like it does on the Jetsons?), losing weight and becoming healthier. 

2 comments:

  1. Fyi: your Sister-in-law had gotten pretty good with saltwater tanks and live rock. Many years ago we did something similar. We bought an established 75-gallon tank in Baltimore, with live rock, fish, shrimp and snails. We had borrowed my company van and several clean buckets to carry the water in. We carried a battery-powered air pump, as well. It was a long time ago: Chris & Carlos went with us...and we lived in Manassas! Anyway, they spent the entire trip moving between the buckets that carried the fish, snails and shrimp, keeping them aerated. We didn't lose anything... amazing! She still keeps a 49 gallon saltwater tank going in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful. All this time and you all didn't say anything when I had the 150 gallon reef tank. Guess the distance does separate us. Miss you guys and hope to see you when we come up.

    ReplyDelete