Monday, March 25, 2013

Week twelve

I really need to start the tank blog. Maybe I'll have time this week. It's crystal clear and doing well. Can't wait to start adding fish and corals. I've added some clean-up crew, but waiting for it to finish cycling. Ammonia is zero as are the Nitrites. Nitrates are still a bit high and I think I'll do a water change tomorrow, change the pads and work on the rock formation. I think it needs a bit of tweaking.

Still not doing well with the exercising. Have walked a couple times in the past week, but not long enough to call it legitimate.

The Garden

I'm still waiting for the tomatoes to ripen. The leaf lettuce is doing well enough for several salads a week. Not so for the spinach; I seem to get about one use a week. Will have to plant the spinach in a larger bed so more will be available.

Dinner

Actually had time to make a menu for the week. Tonight's dinner--Cauliflower Soup. Smells great. I can't wait until all are home so we can dig in. I used the slow cooker instead of cooking it on the stove and plan on using the potato masher instead of the blender.

We ate Taco Pie for dinner yesterday. I tried this recipe because it used mashed potatoes for the crust. I boiled potatoes and mashed them myself and then made the crust. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef. We also use Greek Yogurt instead of sour cream. I then used the potato water to make homemade rolls. Dinner was great and brought lots of compliments.

Weigh-in

Week twelve--162.3 pounds Week eleven--164 pounds Beginning weight--188 pounds. One week loss--1.7 pounds. Total loss--25.7. Average 2.14 pounds per week.

Benefits moment:

Peaches--Juicy succelent peaches are packed with Vitamin C, beta-carotene, and antioxidants. They are quickly joining the ranks of the ususally purple antioxidant-rich superfruits!

The process for choosing peaches and nectarines is almost identical. Buy fresh over frozen or canned if you can, and never buy canned peaches that have been packed in syrup. The best peaches will be fragrant, soft, and free of bruises. Ripe peaches should be eaten as soon as possible.
(copied from the Nutribullet pocket nutritionist)

We added peaches this week, but I think we didn't choose well as they didn't really add their flavor to the mix.

Happy healthy eating, back to thinking about exercising, losing weight and becoming healthier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment