Friday, February 15, 2013

Is this really week seven?

I'd like to add stuff more often, but I find myself really busy right now. Anyway, here's my weekly update.

The garden got it's first really rain since I planted it. The beans are almost ready to pick. I ate one this morning anyway. There are tiny tomatoes on the biggest tomato plant, so we'll be eating them soon too. We've transplanted the garlic chives into the herb pot and moved it to a sunnier location. We've harvested the spinach twice now and they're about ready for another harvest. The lettuce is about half way to picking. Can't wait to have a fresh salad with them. Nothing else we've planted seems to have taken and it's getting close to the end of growing season. So I guess it'll be next year for other foods.

We cooked another chicken in our slow cooker and then made chicken and dumplings with the broth we cooked out of the bones. Loving that pot more and more.

Purchased kale, blueberries and strawberries and have been adding them to our Nutriblasts. We're down to our last container of mangos from our trees. They came into season early this year and have so few. They should be coming in season now, so I don't think we're going to get much of a crop this year. Cold front in this weekend. Don't think it's going to get too cold for the garden. The only problem I'm seeing with all the heat we've been having is growing season will be short. Once it get's to a certain temperature at night, stuff stops setting and most vegetables stop producing.

Weigh-in--Beginning weight 188 lbs. Last weeks weight 167.9. This weeks weight 166.9. Not a huge loss, but I'm really ecstatic. It's that time of the month again and I've lost some weight without exercising. I'm simply drinking one to two NutriBlasts a day. Anyway, this is a total loss of 21.1 pounds in about seven weeks. Can't complain when I'm not doing all I can to lose the weight and keep it off.

Benefits moment:

Figs--Sweet, luscious figs are a surprising source of calcium, which assists in building bone density. Figs are also a wonderful source of dietary fiber, which aids in weight management and has been shown to help fight breast cancer.

Fresh figs are highly perishable, so only buy them a day or two in advance. Look for figs with a rich, deep color. They should be plump and tender, but not mushy, and smell mildly sweet--never sour.
(copied from the Nutribullet pocket nutritionist)

Happy healthy eating, hopefully exercising, losing weight and becoming healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment