Friday, February 1, 2013

Time for my weekly update

I finished clearing out the storage unit. Spent today organizing the books in our borrowed unit. I was exhausted yesterday and took a nap. I'm much better today. I'm working on a few articles and placing books on amazon.com. I'm looking forward to the total end of our bookstore adventure. Once the books are gone, I'm sure I'll feel free.

Still haven't managed to download the garden pictures from the camera. Took more today since the garden has changed a lot since last week. Hopefully my husband will have time soon. He's going to be with the Boy Scouts this weekend. They are participating in the Barefoot Mailman hike. It takes two days to complete.

Each time I walk out the front door I look at my bike and wonder where the time is going. I really want to add biking as my exercise, but I haven't done a thing about it. Guess I need to do more with less wishing.

Not much else done with the slow cooker, but we did have a really good meal. I purchased tostadas, a round, thick, crunchy tortilla, and covered them with refried beans, meat (this time I used ground turkey, but most of the time I use chicken), lettuce, tomatoes (sometimes I use salsa),shredded cheese (I use a Mexican mixture or sharp cheddar), and homemade Greek yogurt (in the past we've used sour cream). Our family really likes this and it's a simple meal. Usually one or two are enough, but our growing son ate three. There's always leftovers for a quick snack the next day.

Here's a great article about how "Healthy Eating will Enrich every part of your Life" It covers a great deal in such a short article and much of it is what I've been doing to work with my weight loss. The Nutribullet is a  major part, but not the only part of my 'getting healthier' attitude.

Weigh-in--Beginning weight 188 lbs. This weeks weight 171.8 lbs. A total loss of 16.2 lbs since 12/26/2012 (approximately 5 weeks). Clothing is starting to fit. Buttons are now closing easily. Tucked in shirts don't feel so tight. The weight loss is noticeable to the public and the complements are frequent.

Benefits moment:

Cantaloupes--An excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium and folate, cantaloupes are wonderful for promoting lung and vision health.

Choose cantaloupes without bruises or soft spots. They should be heavy for their size and have a "hollow" sound when tapped.
(copied from the Nutribullet pocket nutritionist)

Happy healthy eating, exercising, losing weight and becoming healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment