Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Plateau

I seem to be on a plateau with my weight. I need to add exercise to my weight loss program, but haven't found the time. I need to decide it's importance and make it. I wake up in the morning and make a blast. I then read scriptures and prepare for my Sunday School lesson. Then I work on my writing stopping, now and then, to ship items I've sold online.

Good news for my husband, Thom. He says he's almost lost a full size to fit into his former pants. That's great and I'm excited for him. I don't seem to have lost a size, but my weight loss, as of today, is about 12 pounds.

The garden is ready for more planting. Need the time and money to add more. I spent last Saturday hiking in the Everglades--six miles--and didn't manage to get pictures of the garden. I was also unable to go to the Farmer's Market and pick up my fruits and vegetables. I've been watching for those that sell on the streets, but they don't seem to be out this week. I'll try to get some pictures this weekend and hit the local market early. I plan to move our books and stuff out of our unit, so I hope to remember to take the pictures before the day is gone.

Benefits moment:

Bananas--Bananas are easy to digest and contain potassium, fiber, manganese, and vitamin C, making them an excellent food for children and those recovering from illness. They assist with sleep and enhance immune function, and also assist with the absorption and preservation of calcium in the body.

Choose bananas that are free of bruises.Bananas are best eaten when they begin to show a few tiny dark spots. Ripe bananas can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks (the skin will brown, but the fruit inside will be fine). To freeze bananas, remove the skin and place in a sealed plastic bag.
(copied from the Nutribullet pocket nutritionist)

One thing I'm always looking for is easy, already prepared foods. That leads to poor choices in eating. I've been using my crock pot more since receiving the Nutribullet. I made butternut squash soup. It was really good and, since no one else in the family like it, I had several meals that only required me to reheat in the microwave. The second meal I made was called Calico Bean Dip. We ate it as a meal and it lasted through several quick meals. Tomorrow I'll be cooking Orange Chicken. Our local grocery store had whole chicken's on sale, today was the last day, so I purchased one and plan on cooking it in the crock pot as well.

I know, it's not what you want to read that I'm eating. This is me. I'm not ready to totally give up meats, but I have cut the portion sizes and am purchasing less. Maybe one day I'll be eating even less, but I'm not ready at this time.

Happy healthy eating, losing weight and becoming healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment