Thursday, January 10, 2013

I Feel Free

and exhilarated. I'm done with the toxin blast and am able to experiment as I test different mixtures of fruits, greens, nuts and seeds. Made blasts with apples, pears, bananas, mango, spinach, romaine lettuce and ginger. Not all at once, made several different blasts. Decided the romaine lettuce belongs in salad for now. Will need to find something that's able to overpower it's slight bitter taste. The mango's are from our tree and I was so happy to put them in. Yummy.

We purchased red leaf  and romaine lettuce, walnuts, red grapes in addition to replenishing our depleted fruits and vegetables. The whole family is still excited about our new choices and are slowly moving from refined foods to raw foods.

The squash soup is for later today. Smells great. Can't wait to try it. Will use the Nutribullet to puree it.

Okay, I know I was supposed to do this yesterday, but I was missing some information and so I drafted this post until I could find it.

Weigh in-- Beginning weight 188 this week 177.5. Weight loss slower than the first week, but more in line to what is recommended.

Benefits moment:

Avocadoes--Rich in vitamins and minerals, avacados are often considered a perfect food. Each avocado contains a surprising 4 grams of protein; that's more than any other fruit! Plus avocados contain the highest concentrations of monounsaturated fats among all fruits, compounds that are essential to healthy brain development.

Choose firm but tender avocados with no soft spots. Ripe avocados will have a consistent, slightly soft exterior. Avoid avocados with blemishes, broken skin, or dents.
(copied from the Nutribullet pocket nutritionist)

Happy learning to eat for a healthier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment