Friday, June 28, 2013

Week Twenty-four

Monies been really tight, so I haven't had the variety I like, but it hasn't been bad. Ate a lot more spinach than I usually do as I like kale. Mangos have been hit or miss as the crop isn't totally ready. On the good side, the hog plums have been great. They don't really work in the nutriblast since the seed is so big and the fruit so little, but they're great off the tree. This year is the biggest yield I've had since planting the tree almost ten years ago. I think that's mostly due to the hurricanes in 2005 that removed many of its branches.

Still not exercising and I know I need to. It's so hot in the mornings. 5 am the temperature is already in the 80's, sometimes even over 85 degrees. Still you'll see a great surprise in the weigh-in section.

Weigh-in

Week twenty-four--156.2 pounds. Week twenty-three--158.3 pounds. Beginning weight 188 pounds. One week loss--2.1 pounds. Total loss--31.8. Average loss per week--1.33 pounds per week.

See what I mean? I guess the weight fell into the 157 range enough over the past few months that it decided to go into the 156. This was yesterdays weight as well as today. That's a good sign.

Benefits moment:

Strawberries--This sweet favorite is loaded with heart-protecting, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory phenols. Strawberries have wildly versatile flavor and compliment a wide variety of other flavors and textures, making them perfect additions to your Nutriblast! (They've been well priced for several weeks and they've been part of my nutriblasts many times)

Smaller to medium-sized berries generally have more flavor than their larger counterparts. Make sure to choose plump, firm, bright red berried attached to green spotless leaves. Strawberries are very perishable and susceptible to mold, so remove any moldy or damaged strawberries from the container prior to eating, and enjoy within one or two days. To freez, follow the same process as outlined for raspberries.
(copied from the Nutribullet pocket nutritionist)

Happy healthy eating, know I need to exercise, losing weight and becoming healthier.      

No comments:

Post a Comment