Monday, June 24, 2013

Week Twenty-three

Okay, I've been out of town and a bit discouraged about the weight-loss. I've seen 157 several times between weekly reports, but the weight always seems to go back into 158 and bounce around the low end.

I took my Nutribullet with me, but was able to make an average of one drink a day. I really need two or three. Often I preferred the offered food rather than make my drink. I had plenty of choices for the Nutriblast, so I can't use that as an excuse. We went to the grocery store the first day and purchased a good selection. Now I'm fighting to get back down due to putting on two pounds and knowing the only way for greater loss is to exercise. I've done what I can with the drinks alone. I know that's why my weight has stayed pretty stable over the past few weeks.

Weigh-in

Week Twenty-three--158.3. Week Twenty-two--160.4 pounds. Week Nineteen--158 pounds. Beginning weight--188 pounds. Weight gain from week nineteen--.3 pounds. Weight loss from week twenty-two--2.1 pounds. Total weight loss--29.7 pounds. Average loss per week--1.29 pounds.

Benefits moment:

Raspberries--Who can resist the delightfully soft, sweet-tart raspberry? These little fruits are cancer-fighting powerhouses full of free radical-blocking phytonutrients and antioxidant ellagitannins unique to the raspberry.

Like all berries, raspberries are extremely perishable; so only buy them a day or two before eating. Look for berries that are firm, plump, and richly colored. Avoid berries that have been packed too tightly if you're buying them prepackaged. Raspberries freeze very well and can keep for up to a year if stored properly. Freeze the berries in a single layer on a cookie sheet, and then transfer to an airtight plastic bag. and a squeeze of lemon to preserve color!
(copied from the Nutribullet pocket nutritionist)

I love raspberries. Miss my patch we had in Virginia. Couldn't get them to take down here in Florida.


Happy healthy eating, know I need to exercise, losing weight and becoming healthier.     

No comments:

Post a Comment